Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Strange but True

For the record, what was messing up the blog was my visible counter, the one on the sidebar that everyone can see, from http://www.nerdsonsite.com (don't bother, they've dissapeared, which is why my counter stopped working and dicked my whole blog). The web-stat thingie has been working all along. I really, really like it and hope everyone who needs webstats will go to www.webstat.net and sign up. Don't go for the free one either, tho that's what I've got and I love it. Pay them. Whether you need the extras or not. (Think I made up yet for calling them dickholes? Even though I meant Nerds on Site?) My favorite thing about it is that it tells which searches resulted in someone clicking on your site. There are lots of odd things that people searched and then picked my blog to click on, like "kellye cash naked" and "kellye spam" (my blog was the first hit for that one, with the bonus that the summary included the line about, "why don't you ever get spam about thorazine?") but the weirdest thing is I got 36 hits from searches on "ElmorePisgah Inc." or some variation, or one of their yarns, because of my going insane a few weeks back over how I couldn't find a single bit of internet presence for the company or their products. And now I kind of am one. Oh, by the way, the website is now here. I don't know where they were all this time. The other high referrer I get is searches for "beastpaint." Go figure. I can't imagine that there are that many people out there looking for it, but more than that, I can't imagine that if you were searching for the real thing you'd click on my little ol' blog. Bizzare.
Oh, if you're scared of what sort of diabolical information I'm collecting on you, e-mail me from the link up there and I'll give you the info you need to look at my stats. I ain't got nothin' to hide.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the 50 megs thing didn't work out. Why? I'm a retard. Yep, that's the reason. As I was browsing through the photo contests on Fark and B3ta, bemoaning the lack of a free, easy image hosting solution, the answer came to me like a...like a...like a guy on the message board talking about the free, easy image hosting at Photobucket.com. Why am I so stupid?

No comments: