Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Sometimes stuff sucks and you can't do anything about it.

I'm sure all my faithful readers remember that my mom's friend Rosemary, whose dad is dying, and our computer guy, whose dad is dying, are siblings. Mom is out at Rosie's house right now, trying to help with the stupid peripheral things that come up so none of the family would have to leave, because they think today might be the day. The dear guy is drifting away, and I can't put into strong enough words how good he is, how strong and wonderful. His family is terrific people too, and they are handling all this with so much grace and strength I can't fathom it. I feel so bad for all of them. I wish I could do something, but I can't, so I think I'll just go bang my head against the stove until I feel like taking a little nap.

No comments: